Tuesday, March 11, 2025

The Second Williams Summitt Summit

 Last weekend we "got the band back together" for some delicious food, laughs, and family photos. 

This shirt, held by Kathy, is from the 1994 Family Reunion.   A good time was had by all. THANKS!
Luray Virginia, Mike and Ruthy's lovely spacious farm and land.
The living room window view.







Kathy's INCREDIBLE Coconut Cheese Cake with Strawberry Syrup Drizzle.



After leaving Luray, I visited Waynesboro Va to see where Nona and Kathy live.
Waynesboro Virginia, the Compound.
Waynesboro viewed from the Shenandoah Mountains. (compound far right)
post card.  ($6us)


A closeup of the Compound.  
Far left; Jennifer's house. Center; George and Kathy's home. 
Right; Nona's house, where i stayed in the loft.
The Waynesboro Tran Clan

The Great Grandmother and 4 little Monsters




Kathy looks over at Jennifer's house.
George makes Pancakes
George conducts an Eye Test.  





I walked the Appalachian Trail. 
or, I walked on the trail?
The Appalachian Trail goes from Georgia to Maine. 2,050 ml







AFTER visiting Waynesboro, I drove back to DC



and took the Subway/Metro back to Jane and Scarlett.
Jane and Scarlett met in DC for a 'girls foodie weekend.'  I tagged along to visit family.  Scarlett ALSO visited family.  Her youngest son Grant is in school at George Washington...

Together we went to the Zoo and a Dinner Jazz Concert.

Plus, we just 'had to' stop for cupcakes...
The Jazz Alley













Panda
Red Panda
Sleeping Panda
Not Panda










I got lots of help from the friendly Metro Staff.


Lastly, we reboarded planes and flew home, in 3 different directions!



_____________

PS.  Julia sent me two newspaper clippings.
GranDella's husband

GranDella's Father


PSS. Williams Clan; i got word from Nona that "the Crazy Uncle they kept locked in a basement" was actually a Car Wreck victim.  "He rolled his car several times and they had to scoop up his brains and Frankenstein his head back together."  So, he was not crazy, but instead, severely disabled due to an auto accident.

THE END

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home